- First things first, what is your budget?
- Do you want the portability of a laptop, a desktop with a large, multiple screens? Or, maybe a laptop that doubles as a tablet?
- What is the computer going to be used for? If just surfing the web, using Facebook, and email, a bargain (Intel I-3 processor or AMD equivalent processor) computer may be all that is necessary.
- For watching movies, spreadsheets (Intel I-5 processor or AMD equivalent processor)
- Gaming, graphic rendering, making movies, heavy movie watching or casting to a large screen using Chromecast or Fire TV (Intel I-7 processor or AMD equivalent processor)
- Minimum requirements:
- Intel I-3 processor or AMD equivalent processor
- Memory 8 Gigabytes or more,
- 7200 rpm hard drive.
- 500 GB hard drive
- Is there a way to transfer programs and/or data (pictures, files)?
- Can more memory be added, what is the maximum the device can handle?
- Can an additional monitor be added?
- Is there bloatware (trial software including antivirus programs) installed? If so, can it be removed prior to pick up?
- What is the policy on returns?
- How long is the manufacturer’s warranty? (Ranges from 1-3 years)
- When the computer is returned to dealer for service, what is the average turnaround time, will data be lost?
- What is the total cost, including time of install/setup?
- What else needs to be purchased?
- Office, Antivirus, backups (both power and system), Lojack?
- Keyboard, mouse
- Case, Folio
If you haven’t already, click here to download our FREE report on “10 Things You Need To Know To Protect Your Data”.
Would you like to have a trusted partner who will keep your computer systems optimized and performing at their best without interrupting your day-to-day activities? Nay and Associates offers Managed Computer Services to take care of all your computer needs. Visit jimnay.com to learn more.
All the best,